Friday, November 13, 2009

Our First Twitter-generated Blog Post!



Tweet. Drink. Repeat.

The Culligan Man loves the social media movement – for a few reasons. First off, the sheer amount of information keeps us better educated and better connected. News pours through my Tweetdecks like water over Niagara Falls. Secondly, it allows Culligan to ask consumers what’s important to them – and guess what? They answer. So in keeping with the invisible social media rulebook, it’s up to us to provide solid answers to consumer questions.

Now, I am proud to announce the unveiling of our first Tweet-generated blog post:

Twitter: @Local_Social
Where: Chicago
Question: “Do I really need bottled water in my home?"

Answer:

The Water Wise Guy crew will respond with a little help from our friends, a.k.a the Culligan dealers from around the continent. We’ll chime in to emphasize a point here and there.

From Steve Rangel, Rock Valley Culligan


There are a few variables to take into consideration when it comes to bottled water. There is a difference between need & want. Depending on the water source, i.e. well water, municipal water, etc you may be better off with bottled or reverse osmosis water.

The best way to find out would be through a water analysis.

(WWG thought: Private wells serving less than 25 people are not covered by the 1974 Safe Drinking Water Act. Arsenic and nitrates are fairly common contaminants in the Midwest, and it’s up to the individual to test, so bottled water offers a worry-free drinking water option.)

Paul Moorman from Culligan in Belleville, Ontario breaks down why he has bottled water in his home:

This is in addition to just drinking great tasting water.

- I use it in my ice cube trays – makes harder, clearer cubes that last longer and don’t mess with the taste of the drink I put them in.

- My wife uses it in her iron to prevent blocking the steamer.

- It keeps our coffee maker clean and working better. And the coffee tastes better too!

My dog likes it better than our tap water!

(WWG: They can talk to dogs in Canada.)

- I sure can’t get high quality drinking water when I’m on the go. Only bottled water lets me do that. Having it at home to fill re-usable bottles saves time and money!

- My daughter fills her eco-friendly stainless steel bottle with mineral free, high quality Culligan water for her high school basketball games.

1 comment:

Local_Social said...

Ok, you guys had me at keeping the coffee maker cleaner. :-) Since I work at home now, I must admit I don't drink as much water as I did when I worked in an office and had bottled water 2 steps away from my office door. Health reasons alone, think its time for me to get at home. Thanks Culligan Guys!